Kids Activities Ideas: Make your own pinwheel
For a 2-3 year old toddler, you want him to sit there quietly, it seems unlikely, and it is actually not good for them. For such a little child, we still advocate more running. Then there is a small craft that is particularly suitable for him, that is, A small pinwheel. If there is a beautiful pinwheel for them, they will be more happy to run.
You will need:
- Glue stick
- Needle nose pliers
- Ball pins or map pins
- Seed beads
- Pencils, unsharpened with an eraser on the end OR cookie or cake pop sticks
1. Choose a selection of coloured or patterned paper.
2. Cut out two equal sized squares of paper and glue them together with the pattern or colour side facing out. The bigger the square, the bigger the pinwheel.
3. Fold the square in half diagonally so the two tips meet. Unfold and do the same thing to the other half. Unfold again.
4. Cut along the creases from the corner to about ¾ of the way into the center of the square.
5. Gently fold in every other point to the middle of the square and pin through the centre.
6. Slide a seed bead on the pin at the back of the pinwheel and push into the stick. TIP: Use a push pin to make a hole in the sticks, or use the soft eraser at the end of the pencil.
7. Adjust the end of the pin so that the pinwheel can spin, then bend the pin back with pliers.